Re: Large documents sending to www-ws-arch@w3.org

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:48:25 +0200
To: "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

* Sedukhin, Igor <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com> [2002-09-26 12:02-0400]
> I'm sedning ~600K zipped documents to this list and they aren't
> rejected, but at the same time aren't delivered.
> Is there a limitation on the message size? What is it?

Emails that are too big go to the maintainer. The limit is 524288
bytes.

I see that you are trying to send a large Word document. Try and
convert it to HTML: HTML and PNG images are usually not that big.

FWIW, see the W3C Guidelines for Email Attachment Formats:

	http://www.w3.org/2002/03/email_attachment_formats.html

Regards,

Hugo

--