Re: WSA constraints

Anne, I agree 100%.  Web services written to SOAP 1.1
services do have their own architecture, it's just that nobody's
written it down yet.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:27:55PM -0400, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Software conforms to an architecture, not the other way around.

Well, sort of I'd say.  Software *has* an architecture, whether or not
somebody's written it down.

> We're defining an architecture for the future. We don't need to rely on what
> people have implemented today.

Absolutely.  But I thought we all agreed that we would start (i.e.
first draft) on documenting the architecture of SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1
based Web services.  No?

[big snip]
> It's time to spend some
> time ironing out an architecture that properly exploits the advantages of
> all three systems: SOA, XML, and the Web.

In the interests of expediting this process, I'll refrain from getting
into that at this point.  But I'd like to ask you for a pointer to a
definition of what a service oriented architecture is.  From what I can
extract from the context in which the term is used, the Web already is
an SOA.