RE: XML and SOAP constraints? (was RE: WSA constraints)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:50:22 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

> I certainly think that we must support other 'on the wire' formats and
> non-SOAP messages, just as WSDL supports their binding.

I personally agree ... just looking for suggested wording to keep this from
becoming open-ended.  Also, what do you mean by "supported?"  Does that mean
"shall not preclude" or does it mean "we'll produce (or suggest the
production of) a normative non-XML binding"?

> So, a constraint I would propose is : Described by  a WSDL document.

Hmm, how about "Described by a WSDL document or another formal semantic at
least as rich as WSDL."  Or, given the WS Description group's charter's
mention of RDF, is this implied by "WSDL"?

[I raise this in order to keep the lid ON that can of worms, not top open it

Also, for my information, is WSDL defined in terms of XML syntax, or the