RE: XML and SOAP constraints? (was RE: WSA constraints)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:50:22 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

> I certainly think that we must support other 'on the wire' formats and
> non-SOAP messages, just as WSDL supports their binding.

I personally agree ... just looking for suggested wording to keep this from
becoming open-ended.  Also, what do you mean by "supported?"  Does that mean
"shall not preclude" or does it mean "we'll produce (or suggest the
production of) a normative non-XML binding"?

> So, a constraint I would propose is : Described by  a WSDL document.

Hmm, how about "Described by a WSDL document or another formal semantic at
least as rich as WSDL."  Or, given the WS Description group's charter's
mention of RDF, is this implied by "WSDL"?

[I raise this in order to keep the lid ON that can of worms, not top open it
up!!!]

Also, for my information, is WSDL defined in terms of XML syntax, or the
Infoset?