RE: arch diagrams from the f2f

From: <jones@research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:16:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com, jones@research.att.com, kreger@us.ibm.com, michael.mahan@nokia.com
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Mike,

Given your p2p diagram and Roger's MEP concern, I think we are pushing
the *logical architecture* too far.  Within more complex service
patterns, the triangle will be multiply instantiated.  I think it is a
different exercise to represent particular network topologies and MEPs
-- and probably is best done using different forms of representation
(temporally ordered message-exchange charts, etc.).

--mark

Mark A. Jones
AT&T Labs
Shannon Laboratory