service references (was: Re: WSA diffs from REST)

"Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net> writes:

> As an example, I am willing to bet a substantial amount of money (but in
> Canadian dollars) that [1] will also be an issue that will require TAG
> intervention if it is not fixed by the relevant working group:
>
>   * http://www.blogstream.com/pauls/1032521623

All that's needed is a notion of service references and the ability
for a WSDL part to say its of a certain reference type. That's it.

BPEL4WS already introduces a version of service ref. An improved,
cleaned up, separated version is of that concept will undoubtedly
be proposed.

With that, the next step is to be able to put a service ref as
a WSDL part. I'm quite certain that'll come too - without that
one cannot do pub-sub style stuff and lots of others.

I'm surprised your article takes the tone that the people doing
WS stuff are so dumb as to not want or understand the need for
certain functionality. This is just a simple feature and a
solution to half of it was already published in the BPEL spec.
The rest will come too - soon.

Sanjiva.