From: jones@research.att.com [mailto:jones@research.att.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 12:57 PM
To: RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com; jones@research.att.com; kreger@us.ibm.com
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: arch diagrams from the f2f

I think the compromise would be to base most of the initial discussion
around the simple, unadorned triangle, laying out the range of possibilities
in the text.  The elaborated diagrams should either reflect a union of the
abstractions and/or instantiations in the space or should reflect a
particular architectural style.  I would be comfortable with the former if
it doesn't make things too confusing, but would gladly accept the latter.

--mark

Mark A. Jones
AT&T Labs
Shannon Laboratory