WSA constraints

From: James M Snell <jasnell@us.ibm.com>
Date: 22-Sep-2002 22:25:47 EDT
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Cc: mark.baker@sympatico.ca

(acm.org seems to be having mail forwarding troubles, so please CC
mark.baker@sympatico.ca)

> I get nervous when people say things that imply they want
> the TAG to be the Court of Appeals for that process.  IMHO that's
> antithetical
> to the "consensus on means if not ends" idea that is at the heart of
> any effective industry consortium.  I see this WG as a place for the Web
> industry to get together, sort architectural issue out into what we can
> agree on and
> what we must agree to disagree on, all with the input from the public at
> large and the considered advice of the TAG.  There ain't no Final
Authority
> here other than what works in the real world.

I'm trying to get past that.  I'd hope that the suggestions I present
would be judged on their own merits.

With that in mind, I think documenting the constraints implicit in the
software developed to SOAP 1.1 + WSDL 1.1 is the best way to describe
the architecture of the system.  So far I've suggested that the existing
WSA i

<truncated...>