Re: WSA diffs from REST

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:18:53 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Ok, here's an alternate proposal that I can live with.

How about we forget REST entirely for the first draft, and instead just
focus on the architectural constraints that we feel are present in the
Web services architecture (as seen in systems using SOAP 1.1 and WSDL
1.1)?

I suggest that my list of accepted constraints (modulo rephrasing to
remove the references to REST), plus your XML one, and any others that
WG thinks are there, would be sufficient.

As I've said, my only objective is to provide a means whereby the TAG
can quickly and accurately compare Web services with the Web.