Re: Finding the Intersection ...

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:23:15AM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> What we can do is find the *intersection* of the architectural principles in
> various specs and proposals, and those that are actually succeeding in
> practice.

Correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but I think what you're saying here is
that you want to look at the features/capabilities of the
specifications and find their intersection, not so much the
architectural principles and/or assumptions made by those specs.

I can see value to the former interpretation, but not so much with the
latter, for some of the reasons given at the end of this message;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002May/0386

Or in other words, the more you intersect architectural principles, the
closer you'll get to the "null style" (as Roy calls it) that has no
constraints and is therefore "good for nothing".  8-)

I agree with the rest of your message though.  Sometime I lose sight
of our role in the bigger picture, and get more excited than I should
about something of little consequence.