Re: Finding the Intersection ...

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:46:52 -0400
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:23:15AM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> What we can do is find the *intersection* of the architectural principles in
> various specs and proposals, and those that are actually succeeding in
> practice.

Correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but I think what you're saying here is
that you want to look at the features/capabilities of the
specifications and find their intersection, not so much the
architectural principles and/or assumptions made by those specs.

I can see value to the former interpretation, but not so much with the
latter, for some of the reasons given at the end of this message;

Or in other words, the more you intersect architectural principles, the
closer you'll get to the "null style" (as Roy calls it) that has no
constraints and is therefore "good for nothing".  8-)

I agree with the rest of your message though.  Sometime I lose sight
of our role in the bigger picture, and get more excited than I should
about something of little consequence.