Re: Harvesting choreography diagram

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:30:25 +0100
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Hi Ugo.

* Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com> [2002-10-29 09:52-0800]
> This looks good. The only part I think is missing is the interface level
> view, i.e. the relationship among the various operations within the same
> interface. For example, in the Travel Agent Service there should be an arrow
> (of different type than the arrows already there) going from "Reception of
> confirmation with credit card details" to "Request of credit card
> confirmation", another arrow from "Request of credit card confirmation" to
> "Reception of payment confirmation", etc.  (This type of relationships is
> actually what most of WSCI is all about, if we leave out the Global Model).
>
> In this particular example all the operations within the same interface are
> already listed in their correct order of execution, so the addition of those
> arrows is somewhat redundant, but from a conceptual point of view it's an
> important addition.

I added them (attached), but as you said, it is straightforward and
almost redundant in is example.

The reason is that the travel agent scenario in our document is a
simplified view of the world, originally designed to be an example of
interaction between several Web services without a priori knowledge,
simplified to the point where everything goes fine.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C

travelagentstep3.png
(image/png attachment: travelagentstep3.png)

travelagentstep3.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: travelagentstep3.svg)