Re: new editor's draft of WSA available

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:07:17 -0400
To: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:09:20PM +0200, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
> > SOA == Service Oriented Architecture... has been around for a while.
> > Yes, it is possibly too easily perceived as SOAP sans P.
>
> My concern is that the acronym is never formally introduced.
> There is no prior indication in the text that "SOA=Service
> Oriented Architecture", only in drawings.

I'd be all for removing any mention of SOAs, if only because I can't
think of a distributed system which isn't about services.  Email, ftp,
irc, the Web; all are SOAs.  Besides, we'd have to define it, and we
know how icky getting concensus on definitions can be. 8-/

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com