RE: choreography usage scenarios

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:19:23 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Yes, IMHO.  For example, I'd like to see a more business-oriented
explanation of "The requestor is able to correlate a response received in a
separate message (and protocol invocation) with the original requesting
message."  That is, what business is being transacted here, and why is the
correlation necessary?

> --mark
>
> PS  I tried to focus on the relationships among messages and not so
> much on the mechanisms used to determine those relationships.  I'd
> like to see a characterization that can remain relatively neutral with
> respect to architectural styles (e.g., REST).

Right.  Remember that we're not trying to design an actual choreography
language, just figure out the scope of a WS Choreography WG.  I do think
that the suggestions, such as the "state machine in XML", help us think
about these requirements, but let's not get carried away :-)