Re: Definition of Choreography

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:37:18 -0400
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 11:13:06PM -0400, Christopher B Ferris wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Agreed, the messages are likely very similar if not identical. However,
> the order
> *does* matter as I have attempted to make clear. In fact, the order is
> quite often
> contractual in nature (e.g. there is a binding agreement between the
> parties as to the
> predetermined order).
>
> A business that had contracted that it would pay for goods and services
> after they have been delivered would be *very* upset to find that it is
> being asked to pay *before* they have been received. It might even
> be enough to abrogate the agreement and the partnership. That would
> be "a bad thing" all around.

Of course order can matter!  I'm saying that the order can be reflected
in the data that is exchanged.  For example, if the restaurant required
that payment be made up front, then the order schema, which included all
the dishes you ordered, would also be required to include the credit
card information too.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com