RE: Definition of Choreography

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:19:27 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

For better or worse WSCI uses "choreography" to cover both.  I do agree that
it's becoming clear that we need to disentangle them. I *personally*  [not
wearing co-chair hat] am inclined to focus only on the defininition of the
public interface to choreographed web services (and believe there a majority
want to include time-based sequencing). As Paul says, some people will want
to actually implement the choreographed web services in a scripting
language, some will push for a BPEL-like language, etc.  Just as WSDL just
specifies the interface to a service and doesn't care how it's implemented,
something analogous for "choreography" seems like the minimum needed to
declare victory, at least for the "1.0" version.