Re: Definition of Choreography

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:09:40 -0400
To: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: "'Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)'" <RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com>, "'Dave Hollander'" <dmh@contivo.com>, "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:40:00PM -0700, Burdett, David wrote:
> However what is much more useful, I would almost say essential, is
> standardized definitions of actual choreographies, i.e. how you place an
> order, how to submit an invoice, etc.

I agree, but all that needs to be standardized is the "interface" to
these processes.  Whether they trigger a complex choreographed operation
lasting weeks or months, or just complete the order then and there, the
interface can be the same.  After that, it's just a game of "follow the
declared state transitions" (which has its own issues, but they're
manageable).

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com