RE: what is discovery - One concrete proposal

test clients are one example.
another example are work flow engines that invoke a service as an activity.

another one is the well defined, limited operation case... i.e. an
operation/message is supported
in many different portTypes and that is the only one that the client is
interested in.  The portType
changes depending on the target service, but the message sent doesn't. For
example...
getPriceQuote(item_upc_number, quantity) returns a float.  This operation
could be supported by
groceryStoreService, hardwareStoreService, carDealerService,
medicalSuppliesServices... etc.

Heather Kreger
Web Services Lead Architect
STSM, SWG Emerging Technology
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

Ricky Ho <riho@cisco.com>@w3.org on 10/11/2002 01:02:26 PM

Sent by:    www-ws-arch-request@w3.org