RE: what is discovery - One concrete proposal

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:01:36 -0700
To: "'Heather Kreger'" <kreger@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

>2. The client discovers the interface specifics and the service instance
>during runtime. In the deployments of this that I know of, they use a DII
>style interface, like the JAXRPC call object or the WSIF apis to figure out
>what message to create, create it and process the results.  There are not
>many of these out there.

I am not surprised that there are not many of those out there. What
surprises me is that there are any at all. How does a client application
figures out the semantics of an interface it has never encountered before?
It has to be something about very well delimited domains and very well
defined naming conventions for verbs and parameters (or very familiar
namespaces) ...

Ugo