Re: what is discovery - One concrete proposal

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:21:24 -0400
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Dave Hollander <dmh@contivo.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:20:54AM -0400, Christopher B Ferris wrote:
> +1
>
> However, I'm not sure that I concur, or am quite comfortable, with the
> first axiom:
>
> > 1) discovery need not rely upon formal documents.
>
> I think that I understand the motivation here, but I also think that we
> should
> make it clear that the architecture relies on WSDL as the basic form of
> description
> that is "discovered" in the exchange of service description details.

I don't think we can do that, because our requirements say that we
have to support both early and late bound Web services, and only
the early bound ones require WSDL; the late bound ones use application
protocols.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com