definition of web services in "web services architecture"

From: Joao Paulo Andrade Almeida <almeida@cs.utwente.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:24:59 +0100
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

I believe that the definition of Web services in
"Web Services Architecture W3C Working Draft 14 November 2002"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-ws-arch-20021114/ excludes
"services" described with WSDL 1.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/NOTE-wsdl-20010315).

The definition reads:

"[Definition: A Web service is a software system
identified by a URI, whose public interfaces and bindings
are defined and described using XML. Its definition can be
discovered by other software systems. These systems may
then interact with the Web service in a manner prescribed
by its definition, using XML based messages conveyed by
internet protocols.]"

Services described in WSDL 1.1 are not identified by a URI.
Instead, each port of a service is identified by a URI.

Is this intentional? Have I interpreted the definition
correctly?

regards,
Joao Paulo Almeida