From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Ugo Corda
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 2:57 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: UDDI's UUIDs issue

While going through the latest architecture doc draft, I noticed that 5.1,
Identifiers, has an issue about the UUID identifiers used by UDDI. I think I
can add some information that can at least partially clarify the issue.

Starting with version 3, the UDDI spec requires that all keys be expressed
as URIs (see [1]). It also recommends that the URI scheme "uddi" be used.
The UDDI TC plans to formally register this new URI scheme in the near
future. It is still possible to use UUID-based identifiers, but they have to
be wrapped in a in a "uddi:" URI format.

Ugo

[1] http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.00-published-20020719.htm#_Toc12653651
<http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.00-published-20020719.htm#_Toc12653651>