Re: Reducing complexity

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:53:17 -0500
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:29:12AM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> You cut out the relevent piece of information from my post, and decided to
> focus on theory about methods rather than practice about how one actually
> uses soap and http.  The point was about complexity, and you haven't
> disproven that supporting multiple methods makes web services harder.

Sorry, I honestly thought that was a given.

It seems obvious to me, that if you're tasked with integrating two
services together, then you'll have less work to do if they have
the same interface, than if they have different ones.  That's what
Roy was saying in his slides.

Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.   http://www.markbaker.ca

   Will distribute objects for food