RE: Roy's ApacheCon presentation

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:10:58 -0700
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

If "interface" is defined as some fundamental unit of information, yes. Less
is more. Things should be as simple as possible.

But if "interface" is defined as a mapping onto procedural code and takes no
account of the complexity of the information passed to and from the
procedure, I wouldn't agree.

Uhh, Mark, is there some new twist to this debate that is not obvious to me?
This seems like pretty familiar territory.  You won't win it by appealing to
Dr. Fielding's authority, or the TAG's authority ... you'll win if you can
point people to these powerful "web services" that you say are so easy to
build with the REST architectural style.