Re: TAG "Architecture of the World Wide Web" new draft published

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:19:03AM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> I guess I'd respectfully suggest that you wait until the Webarch document
> is relatively final, WSDL 1.2 is relatively final, and then raise
> issues about their incompatibility.  Or better yet, propose specific
> additions
> to WSDL 1.2 that makes it more consistent with your conception of the web
> architecture, and propose specific additions to the TAG document to make
> it express the principles -- both WSD and the TAG do much of their work in
> public.

IMO, there's been far too much waiting, considering what's at stake.
I've had enough of it, frankly.  Let's all work together to at least
confront this issue head-on, because I'm sure we're all tired of it.
If I lose, so be it.  If I win, hopefully my prospects of finding a
new job will improve. 8-)

Besides, what I have to say to the WSDL WG, they don't want to hear.
And I already said it when I voted against chartering the Web Services
Activity; HTTP defines a sufficient application interface.

> WSA already has a  requirement to keep the WS architecture aligned with the
> web architecture. I feel that we've bent over backwards to keep from simply
> rubber-stamping non-RESTful current practice.

Yes, thanks for that.

> But your respectful request will be considered when the WG addresses
> the issue you've raised :-)

.. and that too.