D-AC002.3.1 proposed new wording

From: Doug Bunting <db134722@iplanet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:50:27 -0700
To: Public W/S Arch <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
This CSF is currently worded as:

     Support a variety of end-user interface and deployment
     environments by allowing standardized subsets and supersets.

This seemed like it might be getting at something useful but wasn't
clear.  In my (L) vote on this issue, I proposed the following new
wording:

     Reduce the barriers to web service development through
     limiting the number of base requirements and preferring
     technologies with well defined subsets.

Is this getting at the intent of the original goal?  Does anyone prefer
this updated wording?

I was also unsure this fit within D-AC002.3 (independent updates).  How
about making it D-AC002.4 instead?

thoughts?
    doug