RE: Non-Repudiation - A Lower Level?

MessageI think that the web services architecture should specify the
security architectural
components necessary to provide the following auditing functions (as defined
in RFC2828):

   $ audit service
      (I) A security service that records information needed to
      establish accountability for system events and for the actions of
      system entities that cause them. (See: security audit.)

   $ security audit
      (I) An independent review and examination of a system's records
      and activities to determine the adequacy of system controls,
      ensure compliance with established security policy and procedures,
      detect breaches in security services, and recommend any changes
      that are indicated for countermeasures. [I7498 Part 2, NCS01]

      (C) The basic audit objective is to establish accountability for
      system entities that initiate or participate in security-relevant
      events and actions. Thus, means are needed to generate and record
      a security audit trail and to review and analyze the audit trail
      to discover and investigate attacks and security compromises.

   $ security audit trail
      (I) A chronological record of system activities that is sufficient
      to enable the reconstruction and examination of the sequence of
      environments and activities surrounding or leading to an
      operation, procedure, or event in a security-relevant transaction
      from inception to final results. [NCS04] (See: security audit.)

steve