RE: D-AC001.1.1 discussion points

From: Joseph Hui <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:40:14 -0700
To: "wsawg public" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
The statement IMO appears out-of-place to be structured under a
CSF which, as I understand it, is to encourage interoperability.
So I can appreciate ATT's view that D-AC001.1.1 is out of scope,
or at least out of the scope of interop.

If the spirit of the statement is to level the playing field
in the sense that being first-to-market and/or having a large
market share does not necessarily merit a product or an
idea's adoption for standards, then the wording can use
some revamping.

"Do we really need this," Chris asked?
My take is: not really.
The boilerplate answer is of course: define "really." ;-)

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service