RE: D-AG006 Security

i support multi-the phase approach
ayse

-----Original Message-----
From: David Orchard [mailto:dorchard@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:22 PM
To: 'Sandeep Kumar'; 'Anne Thomas Manes'; 'Mark Baker'; 'Darran Rolls'
Cc: Dilber, Ayse, ALASO; 'Joseph Hui'; 'Edgar, Gerald'; 'Abbie Barbir';
'Allen Brown'; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: D-AG006 Security

Sandeep,

You don't think we can have a roadmap and tackle smaller pieces in phases?
That we (or more actually the security WG) have to consider all in the first
revision?  This is somewhat surprising to me. as I've always admired your
companies' delivery of phased products.  Could you explain this to me, as
I'm just really surprised to hear an advocate against a phased approach.

I'd be interested in a straw poll of how many people don't want a
multi-phase approach for security or any other areas.  Our group clearly
still has to discuss approach to requirements and charters, and how
comfortable we are with moving quickly.

I'd also be interested in finding out where consensus is on security
functionality for v1 - perhaps authentication/integrity/confidentiality? -
and what the group thinks of additional functionality.

Cheers,
Dave