RE: D-AG006 Security

+1
abbie
-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmed, Zahid [mailto:zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 3:35 PM
To: 'Darran Rolls'
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: D-AG006 Security

I agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 12:12 PM
To: Mark Baker; Anne Thomas Manes
Cc: David Orchard; Dilber, Ayse, ALASO; Joseph Hui; Edgar, Gerald; Abbie
Barbir; Allen Brown; www-ws-arch@w3.org

Sounds like a potential part of the charter wording "ensuring reuse of
existing web service security standards..."

Incidentally, OASIS has taken a direct step in this direction with the
formation of a Joint Committee for security standards.  The Security
Standards Joint Committee (SJC) [1] has been formed to ensure
consistency and re-use within OASIS.  It sounds like a security chapter
under WSA-WG would want a very close relationship with the SSJC -
something I'd be happy to help facilitate.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security-jc/

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360