RE: D-AC006.2 discussion points

From: Joseph Hui <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:17:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Christopher Ferris" <chris.ferris@sun.com>, "wsawg public" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Huh?  Security is still a group charter last I checked ;-)

> Policies
> are application level mechanisms - best left to be defined
> bya Security WG or in the vendor solution space.

Not really.  Not even close.
Policies were the horse as mechanisms were the cart.
I.e. Policies are what drive mechanisms, not a part of
them (mechanisms).  In other words, mechanisms are for
executing policies, speak wrt the established paradigm
in network computing anyway.  (Ref: routed, RIP, ...)

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service