RE: What to make of D-AC020.1?

Hi Hugo,

>   D-AC020.1
>
>     A service consumer must be able to know the privacy
>     policies of the
>     service provider(s) that it is going to interact with.

This sounds good, except the "service consumer must be able to" part
seems to place the burden (of privacy policies) more on the consumer
than on the provider.  If it's agreeable that the burden should be
mostly (or even solely?) on the provider, then it may help to invert
the statement to something like:

      A service provider MUST disclose its privacy policies in manners
      that can be easily understood by the consumers.  In the absence
      of such disclosure, a consumer (of the service) SHOULD assume
      that neither the service nor its provider furnishes any privacy
      policy.

Cheers,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service