RE: D-AR006.7 - Key management

When parties do symmetric key encryption (for data confidentiality, even
in an opportunistic encryption environment), they often need to establish
the symmetric key (for bulk data), either by key exchange, or key agreement
(e.g. Diffie-Hellman), thus involving PKE (e.g. one party encrypts the
symmetric key (or the keying material for deriving the symmetric key) with
its private key before sending it to the other party) or KDC(e.g. Kerberos).

That said, IMO it may not be utterly unreasonable that we do Confidentiality
and leave Key Management out.  Less work the better? ;-)

Cheers,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service