From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) [mailto:RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 12:37 PM
To: 'Damodaran, Suresh'; 'Anne Thomas Manes'; Munter, Joel D;
www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Reliable Messaging and Business Requirements - [Was DAG006]

ebXML is not doing ANYTHING!  It does not exist any more.

OASIS and UN/CEFACT have taken on some of the carryons from ebXML.  I do not
believe that this includes reliable messaging, or routing/intermediaries,
although as covered in other recent notes it does seem to include
transactions.  About transactions, however, we are told that there are
serious inconsistencies with web architecture as defined by W3C.  Should
not, then, the W3C become involved in trying to iron out those
inconsistencies?  Is it not plausible that the subject would reasonably be
part of web services architecture even if another group (OASIS) is working
on it?