RE: Transactions

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Baker
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 8:41 AM
To: Krishna Sankar
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Transactions

> Folks,
>
> 	Here is the link to OASIS BTP initiative.
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/business-transactions/. I am sure

> most of us are familiar with this initiative.
>
> 	The specification is at Version 0.9x and would be voted in by
May 13.
> It is safe to say that we should be able to refer to this
> specification for some or all part of transaction related
> architectural components.

It's still early, but as that specification stands, it would be
difficult for us to refer to it because it is inconsistent with Web
architecture in important ways.

Not that I want to get into BTP in detail at this point, but I would
like to see us implement some sort of "architectural consistency"
process that ensures that any pre-existing technology that we identify
be validated to be "Web architecture friendly".