Re: Transactions

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:41:16 -0500 (EST)
To: ksankar@cisco.com (Krishna Sankar)
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
> Folks,
>
> 	Here is the link to OASIS BTP initiative.
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/business-transactions/. I am sure
> most of us are familiar with this initiative.
>
> 	The specification is at Version 0.9x and would be voted in by
> May 13. It is safe to say that we should be able to refer to this
> specification for some or all part of transaction related architectural
> components.

It's still early, but as that specification stands, it would be
difficult for us to refer to it because it is inconsistent with Web
architecture in important ways.

Not that I want to get into BTP in detail at this point, but I would
like to see us implement some sort of "architectural consistency"
process that ensures that any pre-existing technology that we identify
be validated to be "Web architecture friendly".