From: Damodaran, Suresh <Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:48:01 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Goal:
    Goal statement "To develop a standard reference architecture for web
services that is reliable, and stable, and whose evolution is predictable
over time"  This goal has not been revised, and thus, stands.
    "Reliability, stability, and predictable evolution of web services" is
noted in [1] as a non-goal, and perhaps
    should be added to our goals.

A proposal was submitted to the WG [1], and was evaluated. The proposal
included measures that
can be taken by WS-A to address reliability, stability, and predictable
evolution through the formation
of C-sets, or "consistent sets" of standards within WS framework.
    A question was raised whether C-sets could stall predictable evolution
[3].
    Similar question was posed in [2] in terms of extension.
    Ensuring "backward compatibility" of individual standards could
potentially address this issue [4]. This will also address the "principle of
partial understanding" in [5].

For other questions and responses, please refer to the mails directly.

Further, I was referred to [5] as a possible important source. If anybody
has any other source,
please send them to me. A new rev of the proposal will be made later in
light of the comments and [5].
Date TBD.

Regards,
-Suresh