RE: D-AG006 Security

> From: David Orchard [mailto:david.orchard@bea.com]
[snip]
> Joe,
>
> Do I understand correctly that you believe that the web services
> architecture should define something in the area of two phase
> commit for web services as a goal?

Dave,

No, heck no.  2PC is a mechanism for TP, and it's not
even for sure that TP should be in our WS-Arch.
(Recall we don't mechanisms.  They'll be left to
the implementers.)

BTW, The TP was a "while at it, ..." sidebar in my response to
Roger on RM in security.  (I snipped out that part of the text
while trying to keep the message more readable.  Perhaps I should
have kept the text to keep more context for the readers.)
Anyway, I'm not even championing for TP to be in.  But if someone
else chooses to champion for it, then that's fine with me.
I'm easy about this one (and RM as well).

Cheers,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service