RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

Mike,

	Good points. Quick question:

	1.	Are we restricting web services to XML on the wire or just
Internet-protocols and marshalling ?
	2.	If Yes (i.e. only XML) what about XHTML ?
	3.	If yes, what about a browser which translates XML to HTML and after
getting the input from a human sends back an XML ?
		Basically, my point is, we do not care if there is human interaction or
not. Just that it is XML in, XML out.

	4.	I agree with your definition, clearly defined vocabulary, schema,
documented payload (with XML Schema or we are Ok with binary payload ?),
defined and described using WSDL (includes interfaces and binding at the
min), ... are all (mandatory) attributes of a web service. These all could
be implied in standard definition and description/interact using
Internet-protocols.

<soapbox>
		Our definition *should* include what we all think would be in a web
service. IMHO, we should strive for as specific as possible.
</soapbox>
cheers