Re: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:53:02 -0500 (EST)
To: sandkuma@cisco.com (Sandeep Kumar)
Cc: steve.vinoski@iona.com (Vinoski Stephen), jhui@digisle.net (Joseph Hui), www-ws-arch@w3.org
Sandeep,

> If D&D are not an integral part of a Web Service defintion,

I was claiming that discoverability *is* an integral part of the
definition.  It's just already accounted for by defining that a Web
service be URI identifiable.

I know this is a bit different than some Web service work people have
already done, but this is (IMO) one of those times where our mandate to
be integrated with Web architecture effects our work.

> pl help me define
> how would you define a Web (or a Network) of Web Services, the participants.
>
> At a high-level, they must at least have the same characteristics. If not,
> it would be much harder to reason about them semantically, deal with
> managing & monitoring them.

Sorry, I'm unclear what you're asking.