Re: Yet another attempt to fix D-AC004

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:41:57PM -0400, michael.mahan@nokia.com wrote:
> I have not been vigilant in my search. Hence, can you point to a reference(s)
> which defines software component that supports your restricted definition?

Sure.  BTW, I didn't mean "reserved" as in it was in a registry
someplace. 8-)  I just meant that the term is widely understood in the
particular field to refer to a chunk of software.

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/perry92foundation.html
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/shaw95abstractions.html

There are many more, but I would consider these two seminal.  They're
referenced by pretty much every other significant work in the field.

Also, the book[1] that our definition of architecture came from uses
the same definition.

 [1] http://www.awprofessional.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={B1945367-A73A-4E6A-B886-B917715BD33A}