RE: SOAP Confidentiality and Integrity: What do we have now?

I think this is a digression from what Blake was asking for.
So I'll be minimal in my response.

That depends what kinds of people you're dealing with; and it all
depends on the reqs and threats, no rocket science there indeed.

That said, one may take note that often users can indeed just throw
in SSL and be done with.  Millions upon millions of SSL/TLS secured
transactions -- info exchange, monetary settlement, etc  -- are
conducted hourly over the internet.  [Latest source: Newsweek
(or Time?) just did a profile on eBay in a recent issue, where
the figures could back up the mil-upon-mil/hour claim made here.]
It works, cheap and easy.

Description wasn't asked in the thread's origin,
thus I'm skipping the rest.

Cheers,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service