RE: new version of requirements draft available

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:56:41 -0700
To: "'Christopher B Ferris'" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

I thought that there was a lot more progress, mostly in the sense of getting
rid of stuff, in D-AC005 (simplicity).  I mention this because I think I was
mostly the one defending the items to be turfed.  If you are keeping them in
there because you think I am lying down in the road, please go ahead and
pitch them.  I stated my opinion -- if I had gotten a bunch of agreement
that would be one thing, but I did not.  I don't want to impede progress and
I don't think that these things are worth spending a lot of time and energy
over.  I think most people more or less agree with the objectives, including
the editors.  The issue is whether it is appropriate to state them
explicitly in the document, and I am perfectly willing to go with the
prevalent opinion on this.