RE: SOAP Confidentiality and Integrity: What do we have now?

[1] does not satisfy the confidentiality req.  For that you need xenc.
Note that both xenc and xml-dsig are message-based approaches from W3C.
There're also the channel-based approaches that can satisfy the two
said requirements (presumably of your particular interest) coming from
outside of W3C, for instance, the TLS, IPSec from IETF.

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-dsig/