RE: proposed AC018 rewording

From: Darran Rolls <Darran.Rolls@waveset.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:05:15 -0500
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, <kreger@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Joseph Hui" <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>, "ECKERT,ZULAH (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <zulah_eckert@hp.com>, "Damodaran, Suresh" <Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com>, <Hao.He@thomson.ocm.au>, <adiber@att.com>, <wsgeek2002@yahoo.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

This in an interesting issue.  IMO, systems management is something that
needs to be a considered an integral part of a given infrastructure, but
isolated as a separate discipline.  A given infrastructure (or
architecture) should provide well considered management capabilities
(aka API's) but the operational management (aka console, process or
whatever) needs to be cleanly separated from the infrastructure.

Relevant to this discussion, security management needs to be an integral
part of both (gosh that helps ;-)

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360