Re: Consequences of SOAP GET to Web Services?

Eric,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 11:54:23AM -0400, Eric Newcomer wrote:
> I don't see Web services succeeding by following either the strict "align
> with the Web" or "align with existing distributed computing technologies"
> but rather by finding a happy marriage, or a happy medium.  To me that's the
> main challenge, and by going too much in one direction or the other we can
> just as easily fail.

Well, I agree strongly that the members of the WG have to take this
journey for themselves, and I'm not intending to short circuit that
trip.  But just as strongly, I believe that what they will find when
they do this is that strictly aligning with the Web will do what they
want.

Respectfully, I'd ask that you withhold judgement on which approach is
best until it's clear what "align with the Web" means.