[RTF]First Meeting Notes

Notes below. Thanks to Ayse for taking the notes.

-Suresh
Sterling Commerce

Meeting 1: June 4, 3-4PM CST. Reliability Task Force, WSAWG

Participants:
Suresh Damodaran
Ayse Dilber
Zulah Eckert
Hao He
Heather Kreger

Notes taken by Ayse Dilber.

SLA for the parking lot for now, SLA could use D-AC018.
D-AC007 is out of scope for RTF, rather fits in D-AG006.
Before proposing this change to WSA, the team will define/refine D-AC007 to
the team.
Team will concentrate on D-AC018 & 19 after moving D-AC007 out of the way.
-----------------------

Suresh:  Let's start from Reliability TF Scope and rewording of 002

Scope:  to refine D-AG002 including the wording
Do we see this QoS
Zulah: at the f2f we discussed RASM those would be supported by the
architecture.
Heather: adding SLA to our scope is out of the scope of the group,
architecture should be able to support RASM and SLA negotiations should be a
separate line item. SLA requires great deal of description, legal and
contractual
Hoa: SLA could be a use case
Ayse: could we find a common ground to include some of the aspects of SLAs
in our discussion?
Heather: develop some sort of a model, ie information model.
Suresh:  is it possible to make this informational model part of our scope?
Zulah:  it is reasonable for us to create a model to convey how management
works for WS
Heather/Suresh: availability is a platform issue
Zulah:  produce a model for management and produce a conceptual model first
similar to conceptual model for XML to convey what we mean
Heather:  I have difficulties how the architecture is going to represent
that, I see that it is a platform issue not an architecture issue.  Somebody
should convey to me how these would be included in the architecture. Agreed
with conceptual model for reliability.
Hao:  likes the conceptual model for management
Zulah: remove the AC007 goals to the team goals
Ayse: I'd like to understand management information model.
Suresh: SLA is out of our scope; manageability is within the scope
Zulah; if we move 7 to team goals then I suggest we go in detail and resolve
the issues people have. We should make an effort to resolve the issues
people raised.  We need to make a proposal.
Suresh: should we do 18,19 first or 7?
Zulah: get 7 out of our way first. Consensus on this action.
Suresh:  first action it to move 7 to team goals, will send a draft wording
on the scope. Consensus for the scope is we have reliability and
manageability.  Real wording will be done later. Next step to understand 7.
Anybody want to take a stab at 7?
Hao: we can discuss it now.
Hao, Zulah, and Suresh went over the CSFs for 007 to understand the comments
and reliability & stability of architecture. "Over time" seems not
enforceable. Suresh explained the background.
Zulah: We could define these terms and make it available in glossary.
Zulah: Will send a pointer to SOAP conceptual model to the team.
Hao/Zulah will noodle some more and try to send refined wording for D-AC007