From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 4:19 PM
To: Newcomer, Eric
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Where do we find software architecture?

Eric,

I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that I don't want to
include SOAP & WSDL in our work.  In fact, it's just the opposite; I
want them to be front and center in it.  So I'd be happy to proceed
with what you described here.  Now we just need a structure for the
architecture document in which to describe it, since the current
document doesn't have a place for it.

I suggest we restructure the architecture document like this, in order
to better capture the architectural elements that we've harvested;

1 Introduction
  I would move the "Overview" diagram to the Logical Model section
2 Logical Model
  I haven't thought about this section much, but we should find a way
  to integrate the "features" we harvested into it.
 2.1 Protocols
 2.2 Description
 2.3 Discovery
 2.4 System Aspects
3 Architecture
 3.1 Components
 3.2 Connectors
 3.3 Data Elements
 - Optionally, we could add other views of the architecture.  I don't
   think this is necessary at this point, but others might want to.
4 References

Thoughts?