Re: Where do we find software architecture?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:00:33 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Cc: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>

Let me give an example of what I'm talking about.

Here are URIs to two SOAP based Web services;

http://soap.4s4c.com/registration/toolkits/
http://api.google.com/search/beta2

Each has a very different architecture than the other, despite using
roughly the same specs (in fact, the former could have done the same
thing using SOAP 1.1).  If we tried to extract the software
architecture just from the specifications, we would miss these
important differences (as well as the differences Roy was talking
about where I quoted him).