RE: [HST] WSDL

From: Hao He <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:44:36 +1000
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
hi, Mark,

Thanks for your comments. Please see my questions within.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 04:19:34PM +1000, Hao He wrote:
> Components: requestor and provider

Technically these aren't components, but are instead roles that a
component could play.  I believe that in the context of the implicit
architecture of SOAP 1.1 + WSDL, a web server (origin, gateway, or
proxy) is still a component, as it is the thing to which the connector
is attached.

<hh>How about a browser or an application that does not necessary have a web
server built in?
It can also act as a requestor.  </hh>

> Data element: typed data item, messages

The only data element I could think of was a URI, which WSDL is used to
describe the interface of.

<hh>Does not WSDL also describe the type of parameters and messages one can
pass around? </hh>