RE: Semantics

Frank,

If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting
- the "public behavior" of WS be public, i.e., the behavior description, and
the semantic conventions needed to interpret behavior are public
- the "profile" of any specific WS, or WS providing entity could be private
or public
- the "execution agreement" between any two entities interacting using WS
can be private or public

I fully agree with these. Now, when I re-read AC26.2.3, it makes sense,
though it is a bit confusing.

D-AC026.2.3 It must be possible to characterize a service using purely
publicly observable semantics. I.e., the semantic description of a web
service should not rely on private agreements or on unobservable
characteristics of services and agents.

I may suggest a change in the wording as below. Does this address your main
point?

D-AC026.2.3 The semantic description of a web service should be publicly
available and interpretable.

Regards,

-Suresh
Sterling Commerce