Re: Asynchronous Web Services

From: Paul Prescod <paulp@ActiveState.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:09:08 -0700
To: "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>
CC: www-ws-arch@w3.org

"Newcomer, Eric" wrote:

> I think the discussion centers around the usefulness or fit for
> purpose of defining Web services as Web resources, rather than
> defining them within WSDL files or encapsulating the definition
> within the SOAP message.

Unfortunately, there are actually a variety of issues. I've tried to
summarize the main gist of the debate in a paper for the Extreme Markup
conference. I can send that URI to anyone who asks but won't "publish"
it for wide dispersal until after the conference.
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com